Headquarters: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Our Delicious Super Brand needs a Marketing Superhero
As a Brand Lead, you are responsible for planning and ensuring the execution of national and local marketing campaigns, promoting brand growth and expansion, implementing brand plans, and using a variety of data to drive volume and profitability. In short, you will be focused on achieving brand business objectives in the short and long term.
You have a bachelor’s degree in marketing and demonstrate a deep understanding of buying behaviors and insights that support growth, acquisition, and retention strategies. You have strong research skills and work well in cross-functional environments. You are also comfortable with continuous agility, and you believe that agility allows you to fail faster, cheaper, and better!
Aptitudes + Personality: specific aptitudes required for a successful candidate
- Needs to be persistent and determined.
- Follow a task from inception to completion with excellent follow-through.
- Capable of working well with tight deadlines and under pressure.
- High level of creativity and strong problem-solving skills.
- Strategic thinker able to identify long-term opportunities and trends.
- Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal.
- Data-driven thinking and an affinity for numbers.
- Wide-ranging curiosity and naturally keeps up on trends and general market conditions with a genuine fascination for brands.
- Creative problem solver.
- Brand awareness – a clear understanding of brands and the marketing mix.
- Determination and perseverance.
- Relationship management skills.
- A strong focus on results.
- A high degree of business acumen.
- Socially responsible.
- An analytic mindset.
- An eye for aesthetics.
- Detail-oriented, persuasive, and organized.
- Adaptability to evolving markets.
- Able to juggle myriad tasks and demands.
- A deep understanding of how customers think.
- A full historical understanding of the brand.
- Willingness to take ownership of the brand.
- An incredible gut instinct (and knowing when to follow it).
- A competitive mindset.
- Know how to think outside the box.
- Get Down To Business (Make It Happen)
- Develop advertising campaigns and communication plans with clear-cut strategies and goals.
- Create, execute, and manage marketing programs.
- Translate brand elements into plans and go-to-market strategies
- Oversee new and ongoing marketing and advertising activities.
- Devise innovative growth strategies.
- Develop and implement strategies that resonate with the target market.
- Increase product sales and market share.
- Develop and create new products and flavors based on customers’ insights and trends.
- Optimised and develop all digital marketing assets, tactics, and channels.
- All Superheroes Need Super Sidekicks
- Manage a team of marketing people and suppliers, and interdepartmental collaboration, working on brand initiatives.
- Oversee the production of advertisements, promotional materials, and mail campaigns.
- Lead creative development to motivate the target audience to “take action”.
- Collaborate with different teams such as operations, development, legal, etc.
- Knowledge Is Power
- Identify research needs, execute research studies and projects, and analyze research to identify opportunities.
- Analyze brand positioning and consumer insights.
- Monitor, research and analyze consumer behavior, market trends, and competitor activity.
- Measure and report performance of all marketing campaigns, and assess ROIs, ROAs, and KRs.
- Create and distribute reports with analytical data about each campaign strategy used.
- Monitor product distribution and consumer reactions.
- Perform regular surveys to learn more about what their clientele is looking for.
- Plan Ahead
- Establish and maintain brand budgets and sales estimates.
- Define and manage the brand communication strategy using a variety of media.
- Establish performance specifications, cost and price parameters, market applications, and sales estimates.
- Be The Brand
- Ensure that messaging and marketing activities are aligned with brand and company values.
- Own the development of the brand narrative.
- Communicate our vision and mission.
- Align the company around the brand’s direction, choices, and tactics.
- Build brand awareness and increase brand value and profitability.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with relevant media outlets and arrange interviews.
- Act as a representative of the brand in professional settings.
- Plan and organize publicity events.
Skills + Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing required.
- 5 years of experience as a Brand Manager, Brand Lead, or Associate Brand Manager.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally.
- Experience managing a brand across multiple markets and revenue channels.
- Experience driving business processes and requirements related to pricing and category management, and new products.
- Project management experience, with a solid understanding of project management principles and techniques.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and marketing best practices.
- Proven ability to develop brand and marketing strategies, advertising campaigns, and communicate recommendations to executives.
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising effective campaigns.
- Excellent understanding of the full marketing mix.
- Strong analytical and organization skills partnered with a creative mind.
- Time management skills.
- Teamwork skills.
- Effective targeting.
- Data visualization. “Going hand in hand with the statistical analysis crew, brands also want to be able to share some of their data insights with their key target audiences.
- Storytelling ability.
- In-depth knowledge of branding and marketing best practices.
- The ability to tell stories with our data.
- Knowing when to tap into insider knowledge within the organization.
- Bilingual English/French required.
- Work Location: office.
Our Brand Tone: general principles we follow as a global team
- Make Spectacular Happen.
- Champion change.
- Be curious.
- Think outside the box.
- Spread joy.
- Be humble.
- Have the courage to say No.
- Crave action.
- Embrace accountability.
- Cherish optimism.
- Don’t take ourselves too seriously.
- Iconic brand and unique product with a 43-year history of success.
- Dynamic team in energetic growth mode, led by a seasoned Franchise Development professional.
- Overall mentoring from the seasoned executive team.
- Paid personal days.
- Group insurance plan.
- Transit stipend to help absorb commuting costs.
- Company laptop and cell phone plan offered during employment.
- Fun working environment.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/beavertails-canada-inc-brand-lead