We’re looking for a Sr. Frontend Engineer to join our team at Bound. This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in joining an early stage startup, or for engineers who love working on greenfield projects. As one of the first 10 engineers on the team, you’ll have the chance to have a huge impact on the product, the engineering culture and the entire company as we grow!
We’re fully remote (within EU & UK), but have offices in London (with an office dog/vacuum cleaner named Brooklyn) and Sofia. Compensation is between 70,000 GBP and 100,000 GBP plus equity.
Learn more about why Bound was started here
What You’ll Do
- End-to-end delivery. For us, “building” happens from conception to the delivery of the feature to our customer, and often includes ownership of that feature after launch. We love people who like to be owners!
- Partner with a product manager to build new products and services from scratch, as well as iterating on existing products
- Solve exciting technical problems
- Improve our engineering standards and processes
The Ideal Candidate
- You’re product focused: what you ultimately care about are customer and product outcomes
- You’re collaborative: you like working with other engineers and domain experts
- You’re curious: you ask “why” a lot, and will never do something “just because”
- You’re outspoken about your opinions and like to move fast
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity and things changing on a regular basis. Iteration happens a lot at this stage in a product’s development
- Bonus! You have experience working with payment schemes or within the financial services/fintech sector
Our Stack at Bound
We work with TypeScript and React. However, languages and libraries can be learned – what is important to us is that you have strong software engineering fundamentals, the right mindset and are proactive in trying to become better at your job.
Frontend: TypeScript, React, Vite, react-router, styled-components, react-query, Formik, Cypress
Backend: Java & Kotlin, Postgres, RESTful and event-driven microservices, hosted on AWS
Our Interview Process
We’re pretty flexible with our interview process, so we’re happy to have some of these interviews back-to-back if it suits you. Just ask!
1. Quick call with our recruiting team.
2. 60 minute call with the hiring manager to dig into the job’s responsibilities as well as your experience.
3. For tech roles:
Your option of a take-home task or a live-coding session with a focus on real-world problems – we do not like synthetic algorithms or data-structure focused interviews.
4. Meet with Dan or Seth, one of the co-founders of Bound! Use this as your time to ask us questions about the business, or what it might be like to work at Bound!
5. We make you an offer!
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/bound-senior-frontend-software-engineer